Passionate about teaching the English language? How would you like to be paid while sharing your passion!
Join the Paid English Teaching program in China and discover the land of intriguing cultural crossroads while being paid as language teacher.
If English is your native language, this is your golden opportunity. This program offers you opportunities for exploration and cultural immersion while earning money and utilizing your skills. New Hope works with many public and private schools, colleges and universities which are located in different provinces of China.
Our partners all offer decent salaries, free accommodation, prepared meals, and even airfare reimbursement for long-term, contracted teachers. Besides your flight tickets and our $269 registration fee, you will not need to pay for anything else.
New Hope’s paid English teaching in China is a great way to explore the intriguing land of China while teaching English to aspiring school and college age students. You will have the rare and worthwhile opportunity to get paid for your teaching service as you immerse yourself in Chinese culture, travel the world and grow personally and professionally.
Participants must commit to the program for at least 6 month.
As a teacher in the Paid English Teaching program in China, you will be teaching at public and private schools, colleges or universities that New Hope partners up with. Depending on the curriculum, your individual interests and skills, and on the needs of the local staff, your daily activities involve, but are not limited to:
- Teaching English according to the curriculum
- Teach basic, conversational English to students
- Teach on an average of 16 to 22 hours per week, 5 days a week
- When placed at a university, you may be required to teach English composition, reading and American/English literature
- When places in some international schools, you may be asked to teach history or science courses
- Write lesson plans
- Participate in staff meetings
- Assisting and grading the students on homework
- Assist in school recruitment drives and/or promotional activities
Benefits for Teachers
- A salary of up to 3,000 YUAN per month for a native English speaker
- Up to 3,500 – 4,500 YUAN per month for a native English speaker with a degree in English and some teaching experience
- Up to 4,500 -5,000 YUAN per month for a native English speaker with a degree in English, at least one year of teaching experience, and TEFL or TOSEL training
- Free food and accommodations. In some cases (when there is no school cafeteria), schools provide food allowance/coupons for groceries, which are paid together with a salary on a monthly basis. Volunteers will then prepare food themselves
- Free health clinic at school
- Help in obtaining visa
- Services and support of field staff
- Guaranteed placement
- One-way international airfare reimbursement for a 5-month contract
- Round-trip international airfare reimbursement for a 10-month contract
- Teachers will be responsible for utilities
Skills and Qualifications
Besides being a native English-speaking citizen of the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland or other English speaking countries, there are no other qualifications or specific skills needed to teach in China.
You can teach from 1 month to 1 year. With a Bachelor's Degree in any subject and/or at least one year experience with TEFL or TOSEL training from an accredited organization, you may receive a monthly salary of up to US$800.
New Hope’s paid English teaching in China is a great way to explore the intriguing land of China while teaching English to aspiring school and college age students.
You will have the rare and worthwhile opportunity to get paid for your teaching service as you immerse yourself in Chinese culture, travel the world and grow personally and professionally.
Some Chinese schools do not provide food because they’re not sure what to cook for Western teachers. To compensate for this, the school will give an additional amount so teachers can purchase their own food. This amount can range from 650 YUAN to 1,300 YUAN. This money allotment is more than enough to buy the local food in China for a month.
The Final Placement Sheet that you will receive prior to your departure for China will inform you of the details on all of the benefits and accommodations that you will be entitled to for your school placement program.
This sheet includes your salary, accommodation, the meals you will receive and any other additional facilities that will be made available to you. You are encouraged to read the placement sheet thoroughly and understand the benefits that you will receive.
If you are not clear about anything or not satisfied, please contact New Hope before flying to China. Once you arrive in China, we will not be able to fix any issues you may have.
China Volunteer Programs
- Teaching English in Rural Schools (Phnom Pehn, Battambang, Pursat)
- Teaching English Project (Qingdao)
- Paid English Teaching in China
- Teaching English Project (Delhi, Jaipur, Agra)
- Teaching English Project (Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara)
- Teaching Young Buddhist Monks Project (Kathmandu, Pokhara)
- Teaching English Project (Galle)
- Teaching Young Buddhist Monks (Galle)
- Teaching English Project (Surin, Ayuthaya)
- Teaching English at a Monastery (Ayuthaya)
- Teaching English Project (Accra, Kumasi)
- Teaching English Project (Nairobi, Mombasa, Maasai)
- Teaching Project South Africa
- Teaching English Project (Moshi, Arusha)
- Teaching English Project (Kampala)
- Teaching English Project (Cordoba)
- Teaching Project (Rio de Janeiro)
- Teaching Math, Science and Physical Education (San Jose, Puntarenas, Guanacaste)
- Teaching English Project (Quito)
- Teaching English Project (Xela)
- Volunteer Teaching in Peru (Cusco)