Are you seeking a meaningful volunteer experience in one of the most mesmerizing and uncrowded countries in tropical South Asia?
Volunteer in Sri Lanka, and have the opportunity to explore the ancient ruins, spotless beaches and hot surf spots, majestic elephants and famous tea and cuisine, while making a real difference to the lives of those in need.
Discover the hidden gem of South Asia in Sri Lanka! Despite its small size, Sri Lanka has a wide range of geographical features and is rich in natural beauty.
Much of Sri Lanka is covered in tropical forests, with hundreds of rivers flowing through them, often cascading in awesome waterfalls.
There are also many spectaculars hills, pristine beaches and magnificent ruins to enjoy. But despite this beauty, Sri Lanka has suffered from years of civil war and natural calamities like Tsunami of 2004.
These events have caused widespread devastation and made life very difficult for poor communities. There are many local grassroots organizations aiding the effort of the government to bring development and relief to the poor.
New Hope Volunteer works with many of these local organizations that are trying to empower the poor and bring development.
With the sunny disposition of the locals and the recent opening of the country, Sri Lanka is becoming a fast favorite as a location for Volunteer Abroad programs. Volunteer in Sri Lanka, and discover its verdant tapestry and the gracious hospitality of the people!
Sri Lanka Volunteer Programs
Volunteer Program Fees
New Hope Volunteer programs begin each Monday of the month. If needed, we can arrange for your program to start at any day.
- World's Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD$7 per day
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life. In our program, except our registration fee of $279,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $279, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
|Weeks||All Projects Galle
|Medical Project||Millennium Elephant||Pinnewala Elephant|
- Airport Pickup and Transfer to Galle (2 hours) $85
- Airport Pickup and Transfer to Kegalle (80 KM) $90
- Transfer from Galle to Kegalle (3 hourss) $125
- Language and Culture $250
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
The fee includes: Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation, 24/7 emergency support
The weekly Fee Does Not Include:airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meals throughout the volunteering duration in the Sri Lanka program. Volunteers will stay either in a hostel or with a host family.
At the hostel, you might be sharing a room with other volunteers, a fantastic opportunity to swap stories and experiences. Our host families have all been carefully screened before being selected to participate in New Hope's volunteer programs.
Our host families also have significant experience in accommodating international volunteers. Your hosts will provide you with a warm, comfortable and secure place to stay, while giving you the wonderful opportunity to learn about the culture.
At least one member of the family will be able to communicate with you in English. Your host families will also provide you with 3 local meals, all of which will be clean and hygienic.
New Hope also offers extensive support for you so that you feel right at home while volunteering. We offer many layers of support in Sri Lanka, as and when you require.
The main person supporting you throughout your program will be our country coordinator in Sri Lanka, who is also in-charge of your volunteer program.
Whenever possible, the coordinator will call or visit you to see if you are happy and satisfied with your project. You will also have the coordinator's mobile phone number that you may call any time you wish to discuss anything. Our project staff will also guide and help you throughout the program.
- Why should I pay for registration fee?
- How could I make my payment?
- Is the program fee tax-deductible?
- Are MasterCard, Visa and other credit cards accepted?
- Who organizes my flights?
- Do I need travel insurance?
- What should I bring for myself?
- What should I bring for kids in project?
- Will there be any volunteers present during orientation time?
- What are the existing conditions of my placement?
- Will there be someone to pick me up from airport?
- Will I have time to explore Colombo during my language and culture program?
- Do I need extra money?
- Will I have communications access?
- Can I work and live with other volunteers?
- Is it possible to change placement if I get dissatisfied?
- What happens if I decide to return home before the placement is over?
- What about vaccinations and medication?
- Are New Hope Volunteer programs only for international volunteers?
- Where is the arrival and departure point?
- Clothes and Climate in Placement Areas
- Emergency Contact