Volunteer In Nepal
- Nepal Program Trusted by over 200 volunteers each year
- High priority on safety, quality, and services
- Choose from 6 life-changing volunteer projects in Nepal
- An experience of a lifetime
Nepal may be small, but the landlocked wonder boasts glorious Himalayas, dramatic panoramas, and the most gracious people. In the breathtakingly beautiful landscape, many unique and fascinating cultures have thrived, luring visitors in by the thousands, who traverse the difficult terrains for a glimpse of real natural beauty. The complicated topography equals an exciting adventure for tourists, but it also means that roads, hospitals and schools are hard to set up. The people depend on agriculture for their survival, but what land they have is steep and not fertile. As a result, development is excruciatingly slow in Nepal, and the locals still suffer from high levels of illiteracy, malnutrition and environmental degradation, amongst other things. There are, however, many grassroots organizations and NGOs that are actively working hard to give the people a decent life and tackle issues of poverty, hunger and illiteracy. New Hope works with these organizations, and we’re inviting you to join our efforts in helping the people of the magnificent country to lead better lives. Get in touch with us now and volunteer in Nepal to contribute to society against the backdrop of some of the world’s most breathtaking panoramas !
Nepal Volunteer Programs
- World's Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD$7 per day
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
New Hope Volunteer programs begin each Monday of the month. If needed, we can arrange for your program to start at any day.
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life. In our program, except our registration fee of $269,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $269, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
- Language and Program fee for first week: $225
- Language and program fee for second week: $275
- Airport pick up, transfer, and drop (20 miles) $25
The fee includes: Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation, 24/7 emergency support
The weekly Fee Does Not Include: airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meals throughout the volunteering duration in the Nepal program. Volunteers will either stay in a hostel or with host families. During the first week of the two week language program, volunteers will stay in a hostel while participating in a language and cultural program. In the hostel, you'll share room with other volunteers and our resident cook will prepare you 3 local meals a day. After the language program, volunteers will stay with a host family. Our host families have all been carefully screened before being selected to participate in New Hope's volunteer programs. Our host families also have significant experience in accommodating international volunteers, and at least one member of the family will be able to communicate with you in English. Host families offer a warm, comfortable and safe home, where you will receive three local meals per day.
New Hope also offers extensive support for you so that you feel right at home while volunteering. The main person supporting you throughout your program will be our country coordinator in Nepal, who is also in-charge of your volunteer program. Whenever possible, the coordinator will call or visit you to see if you are happy and satisfied with your project. You will also have the coordinator's mobile phone number that you may call any time should an issue arise. Our project staff will also guide and help you throughout the program.
Major FAQ - Nepal
- Why choose Nepal?
- Is Nepal safe?
- What is the program duration?
- What age do I have to be a volunteer?
- Do I have to speak a foreign language?
- Why should I pay a registration fee?
- How can I make my payment?
- Are MasterCard, Visa and other cards accepted?
- Do I need travel insurance?
- What should I bring for myself?
- Will there be someone to pick me up from airport?
- How much extra money do I need?
- Will I have communications access?
- Can I bring my cellphone from my home country?
- Can I work and travel with other volunteers?
- Is it possible to change placement if I get dissatisfied?
- What about vaccinations and medication?
- What about visas?
- What about visa extensions?
- Where is the arrival and departure point?
- Emergency Contact