Volunteer In Thailand
- Trusted by over 100 volunteers each year
- High priority on safety, quality, and services
- Choose from 7 life-changing volunteer projects in Thailand
- An experience of a lifetime
Are you seeking a meaningful volunteer experience in one of the most exotic and mesmerizing countries in South East Asia? Volunteer in Thailand, and have the opportunity to explore the tropical cityscape, friendliest people and unparalleled Thai cuisine while making a real difference to the lives of those in need.
Friendly, fast-paced, fun – Thailand is a fabulous place to visit for anyone and everyone! Thailand is a heady mix of exotic, modern and traditional values. Its cultural and historical ruins, mountains, lush paddy terraces, white sandy beaches and untouched islands are just few reasons why many visit this gorgeous country each year. Thailand’s biggest treasure is its warm and friendly people – there’s a reason why it is called “The Land of Smiles”! The tourism boom has allowed the economy to develop rapidly, improving the lives of the ordinary people. However, poverty still lingers and the majority of the people are illiterate farmers. There is government neglect at the rural areas of the country, but there are local and grassroots organizations that are set up to specifically alleviate the problems of poverty and neglect. New Hope works with these organizations that aim to empower the power and encourage development within the local communities. Want to brighten up the lives of the Thai people? Send us an email today to volunteer in Thailand and have the best of “The Land of Smiles”!
Thailand – Volunteer Programs
- World's Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD$180 per week
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life. In our program, except our registration fee of $269,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $269, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
- Airport Pickup & Transfer to Ayuthaya (1 hour) $60
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
The fee includes:Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day only in Ayuthya and during homestay at elephant project in Surin), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation, 24/7 emergency support
The weekly Fee Does Not Include:food (only Surin and Sangklaburi) airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meal of the volunteers throughout the program. Volunteers will stay either in a hostel or with a host family. In the hostel, you will share a room with other volunteers, where you will be able to swap stories and experiences. In Ayuthaya, the hostel provides you 3 local meals a day, while in Surin and Sangklaburi no meals will be served at the hostel. Volunteers will have to eat out. Good food is cheap and readily available in both Surin and Sangklaburi.
During the weekdays in the elephant project, our volunteers will stay with a carefully screened and chosen host family. The host family will have experience of hosting international volunteers before. The host families will provide you with a warm, comfortable and secure place to stay. You'll have a room to yourself and eat 3 local meals together with your host family. Living with a host family will also provide you with a wonderful opportunity to learn about local culture and customs. During the volunteer program, our country coordinator will be in touch with you every 10-15 days to make sure you're comfortable and happy. Volunteers will also have access to coordinator's mobile phone that can be reached anytime should a problem arise.
Major FAQ - Thailand
- Why do I choose Thailand?
- Is Thailand safe?
- What is the program duration?
- What age do I have to be a volunteer?
- Do I have to speak a foreign language?
- Why should I pay for registration fee?
- Are Master, Visa and other cards accepted?
- What is the local currency?
- What is the national language of Thailand?
- Who organizes my flights?
- Do I need travel insurance?
- What Should I bring for myself?
- What should I bring for kids in project?
- Will there be any volunteers present during orientation time?
- Will there be other volunteers at my placement?
- What is the daily routine of the project?
- What are the existing conditions of my placement?
- Will there be someone to pick me up from airport?
- What happens, if I want to arrive earlier than the program begins?
- Will I have time to explore Bangkok and other Thai cities during my stay?
- How much extra money do I need?
- Will I have communications access?
- Can I bring my cell phone from my home country?
- Can I accompany with other volunteers?
- Is it possible to change placement if I get dissatisfied?
- What happens if I decide to return home before the placement is over?
- Who will drop me off at the airport?
- Vaccinations and Medication
- Are New Hope Volunteer programs only for International volunteers?
- Where is the arrival and departure point?
- Clothes and Climate in Placement Areas
- Emergency Contact