Volunteer In Tanzania
- Tanzania Program Trusted by over 100 volunteers each year
- High priority on safety, quality, and services
- Choose from 5 life-changing volunteer projects in Tanzania
- An experience of a lifetime
Are you seeking a meaningful volunteer experience in one of the most alluringly exotic and largest country in East Africa? Volunteer in Tanzania, and have the opportunity to explore the countless travel attractions against the background of spectacular picturesque terrains and a cultural mishmash of over 100 ethnic groups, while making a real difference to the lives of those in need.
From the astounding wildlife-watching, the vast Savannas of the Serengeti, the tranquility of Zanzibar beaches, to the majestic snow-capped peak of Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania is a traveler’s dream come true. Bordered by Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Zambia, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Tanzania has one of the most fascinatingly diverse natural environments in the world. It’s little wonder why thousands flock to the spectacular country each month. Despite the growth in the tourism industry, Tanzania remains poor, and the life of an ordinary Tanzanian is an arduous struggle each day. The healthcare system is in dire need of volunteers, as the people face the onslaught of the HIV/AIDS virus, preventable diseases, and young mortality rates. New Hope works with many local organizations that aim to empower the power and encourage development within the local communities. Volunteer in Tanzania, and experience the best of Tanzania while uplifting the lives of the local people!
Tanzania – Volunteer Programs
- World’s Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD$80 per week
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
New Hope Volunteer programs begin each Monday of the month. If needed, we can arrange for your program to start at any day.
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life. In our program, except our registration fee of $269,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $269, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
- Additional fee: $75 - airport receive, transfer to hostel, and, orientation.
- Language and Cultural program fee: $250
- Please add $25 per each additional week for Internship program
The fee includes:Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation, 24/7 emergency support
The weekly Fee Does Not Include:airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meal of the volunteers throughout the program. Volunteers will be staying with host families throughout their stay in Tanzania. After the language program, volunteers will stay with a host family. Our host families have been carefully screened and chosen and they will have experience of hosting international volunteers before. The host families will provide you with a warm, comfortable and secure place to stay. You'll have a room to yourself and eat 3 local meals together with your host family. At least one member of the host family will be able to communicate with you in English. Living with a host family will also provide you with a wonderful opportunity to learn about local culture and customs. During the volunteer program, our country coordinator will be in touch with you every 10-15 days to make sure you're comfortable and happy. Volunteers will also have access to coordinator's mobile phone that can be reached anytime should a problem arise.
Major FAQ - Tanzania
- Why Choose Tanzania?
- Is Tanzania safe?
- What is the program duration?
- Why should I pay a registration fee?
- Is the program fee tax-deductible?
- Are MasterCard, Visa and other credit cards accepted?
- What is the local currency?
- How much extra money do I need?
- Who organizes my flights?
- Do I need travel insurance?
- What should I bring for myself?
- What are the existing conditions of my placement?
- Will there be someone to pick me up from airport?
- What happens if I want to arrive earlier than the program begins?
- Will I have time to explore Dar es Salaam, Arusha and Moshi during my stay?
- Will I have communications access?
- Can I work and live with other volunteers?
- Is it possible to change my placement if I get dissatisfied?
- What happens if I decide to return home before the placement is over?
- Who will drop me off at the airport?
- What about vaccinations and medication?
- Are New Hope Volunteer programs only for international volunteers?
- Where is the arrival and departure point?
- Clothes and Climate in Placement Areas
- Emergency Contact