Volunteer In Peru
- Peru's most affordable volunteer program
- Pay as low as $12 per day to volunteer
- Pay directly to the projects and host families in Peru
- Help to raise fund for poor orphanages, school, and other NGOs
Peru is a country of Andean communities, fascinating cultures and mesmerizing landscapes. It’s also home to one of the oldest civilizations in South America, and the magnificent ruins of those era are scattered all over the country. Because of this and other attractions like the Amazon, world’s highest navigational lake, and other spectacular sceneries, thousands of visitors flock to Peru every month. Despite the growth in tourism, Peru still remains a very poor country and the government programs often fail to reach grassroots level, especially the indigenous populations.
New Hope Volunteer provides you ample opportunities to experience the beauty of Peru and make a significant contribution in the lives of needy, and through our conservation project save the nature. In our projects, our volunteers can help orphaned and helpless children in an orphanage, teach English and other subjects in resource poor schools, work in medical/health projects and contribute towards saving the environment.
Peru Volunteer Programs
- Volunteer Teaching in Peru (Cusco)
- Orphanage / Childcare Project (Manu,Cusco)
- Health Project (Cusco)
- Street Children Project (Cusco)
- World's Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD $159 per week
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
New Hope Volunteer programs begin each Monday of the month. If needed, we can arrange for your program to start at any day.
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life. In our program, except our registration fee of $269,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $269, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
- Airport Pickup and Transfer $20.00
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
- Spanish Lesson (10hrs a week, M-F) $50/week
The fee includes:Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation, 24/7 emergency support
The weekly Fee Does Not Include:airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meal of the volunteer throughout the program. Volunteers will stay either in a hostel or with a host family. In the hostel, you’ll share room with other volunteers and swap stories and experiences. Our host families have been carefully screened and chosen and they will have experience of hosting international volunteers before. The host families will provide you with a warm, comfortable and secure place to stay. You’ll have a room for yourself and at least one member of the host family will be able to communicate with you in English. Living with a host family will also provide you with a wonderful opportunity to learn about local culture and customs and make local friends. Volunteers will be served 3 local meals a day in both the hostel or with a host family. During the volunteer program, our country coordinator will be in touch with you every 10-15 days to make sure you’re comfortable and happy. Volunteers will also have access to coordinator’s mobile phone and can call up anytime if any problem arises.
Major FAQ - Peru
- When should I apply for the volunteer/internship programs in Peru?
- Are there any necessary requirements to participate in the Peru-based volunteer programs?
- Who manages the volunteer projects in Peru ?
- What are the daily schedules of the projects?
- Where are the projects located?
- When are the Peru-based projects available?
- Which airport should I book my flight into?
- Will someone pick me from the airport? If so, how do I know about the person?
- If I arrive with my friend, or girlfriend/boyfriend, can we stay together?
- Will there be other foreign volunteers/interns at my placement?
- What are the local cuisines? Who manages food?
- Can you supply special diets?
- Is the running tap water safe for drink?
- Are there hot and cold water facilities available?
- Will bottled water be provided?
- How safe is Peru ?
- More about Travel Safety to Peru
- What are the principle health risks?
- How can my family members contact me?
- Can I bring my telephone from my home country?
- What is weather like in Peru ?
- Official Peruvian Holidays