Volunteer In Ecuador
- Ecuador Program Trusted by over 100 volunteers each year
- High priority on safety, quality, and services
- Choose from 6 life-changing volunteer projects in Ecuador
- An experience of a lifetime
Look no further if you're looking for a meaningful volunteer experience in one of the most dazzling and diverse countries in South America! Volunteer in Ecuador, and experience the enchanting array of topography and exquisite culture while contributing to society.
How would you like to wake up to the dramatic heights of the Andean mountains, the diverse Amazonian jungles, gorgeous colonial architecture and fascinating Incan ruins? Volunteer in Ecuador, and have the opportunity to discover the cultural splendor and extraordinary nature of the country. Costa Rica is also home to the famous Galapagos Islands, Andean mountains the Cotopaxi volcano, and Amazonian rainforest, attracting thousands of tourists each year. Amidst the growth of tourism however, Ecuador is still an underdeveloped country and could use all the help to be on par with the rest of the world. New Hope's projects are located in Quito, the first city ever to be certified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Through our programs, you'll be able to improve the lives of marginalized communities in Ecuador, while taking in the majesty and charm of the beautiful country. Get in touch with us now and embark on a journey of a lifetime!
Ecuador Volunteer Programs
- World's Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD$140 per week
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
New Hope Volunteer programs begin each Monday of the month. If needed, we can arrange for your program to start at any day.
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life. In our program, except our registration fee of $269,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $269, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
- Spanish – GROUP $5.50 per hour
- $45 - airport receive, transfer to host family/hostel to be paid locally
- Please add $25 per each additional week for Internship program
The fee includes:Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation, 24/7 emergency support
The weekly Fee Does Not Include:airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meals throughout the volunteering duration in the Ecuador program. Volunteers will be staying with a host family during the program. If you are undertaking the conservation projects, you'll be staying at a hostel instead. You might be sharing a room with other volunteers, a fantastic opportunity to swap stories and experiences.
Our host families have all been carefully screened before being selected to participate in New Hope's volunteer programs. Our host families also have significant experience in accommodating international volunteers. Your hosts will provide you with a warm, comfortable and secure place to stay, while giving you the wonderful opportunity to learn about Ecuadorian culture. At least one member of the family will be able to communicate with you in English. Your host families will also provide you with 3 local meals, all of which will be clean and hygienic. If you require vegetarian options, New Hope will be able to accommodate; simply let us know when filling out the application form.
New Hope also offers extensive support for you so that you feel right at home while volunteering. We offer many layers of support in Ecuador, as and when you require. The main person supporting you throughout your program will be our country coordinator in Ecuador, who is also in-charge of your volunteer program. Whenever possible, the coordinator will call or visit you to see if you are happy and satisfied with your project. You will also have the coordinator's mobile phone number that you may call any time you wish to discuss anything. Our project staff will also guide and help you throughout the program. You will meet the project staff daily during your volunteer work in Ecuador.
Major FAQ - Ecuador
- Visa Information
- Who manages the volunteer projects in Ecuador ?
- What are the daily schedules of the projects?
- Where are the projects located?
- What is the language spoken in Ecuador ?
- When are the Ecuador-based projects available?
- How long can I volunteer in Ecuador ?
- Who will arrange my flight to Ecuador ?
- Which airport should I book my flight into?
- When should I arrive in Ecuador ?
- Will someone pick me from the airport? If so, how do I know about the person?
- What should I do if my flight is delayed?
- How can I get to the hotel from the airport if I did not see New Hope Volunteer's local representative in the airport?
- What do I need prior to departure from my home country?
- If I want to arrive earlier than when the program begins, where do I stay and who will organize the accommodations?
- When should I depart from Ecuador ?
- Which airport will I fly out of?
- Who will drop me off at the airport?
- Can I store my luggage if I arrive earlier than my program starts?
- Who will arrange my accommodations and what are they?
- Are singles rooms available?
- If I arrive with my friend, or girlfriend/boyfriend, can we stay together?
- Will there be other foreign volunteers/interns at my placement?
- What are the bathroom facilities?
- What are the laundry arrangements?
- What are the local cuisines? Who manages food?
- Can you supply special diets?
- Is the running tap water safe for drink?
- Are there hot and cold water facilities available?
- Will bottled water be provided?
- How safe is Ecuador ?
- Required Vaccinations
- What health precautions should I be aware of and tend to?
- Do I need health insurance?
- Who do I contact in case of a health-related emergency?
- Is the food safe if I buy it from a street vendor?
- What are the sanitary conditions in Ecuador?
- What vaccinations are required?
- Are ATMs easily available? If yes, which debit and credit cards are accepted?
- What is the local currency and how do I know the exchange rate?
- Where do I exchange my money and how much?
- How much money should I bring with me?
- Is it safe to carry cash with me?
- How do I make contact with New Hope Volunteer's local representative?
- How do I contact my family once I arrive in Ecuador ?
- Are internet services easily available?
- How can my family members contact me?
- Can I bring my telephone from my home country?
- Is there a special dress code that I should follow while staying in Ecuador?
- What should I know about Ecuadorian religious conduct?
- How do I respect the Ecuadorian people?
- What is weather like in Ecuador?