Are you seeking a meaningful volunteer experience in one of the most mystical countries in South East Asia? Volunteer in Cambodia , and have the opportunity to gain a unique perspective on the beautiful country much different from a typical tourist, while making a real difference to the lives of those in need.
From the ancient grandeur of the world-famous Angkor Wat to the remnants left behind by a gruesome history, Cambodia is a country that has plenty to offer. Cambodia is rebounding from its ill-fated past under the Khmer Rouge regime and is slowly getting back on its feet. The nation is going through rapid development as it reinvents its economy, its government stabilizes, and the tourism is booming.
Despite recent economic gains, poverty is still a lingering problem, with a significant gap between the rich and the poor. If there’s anything more extraordinary than the rich culture and the tragic history, it is the magnanimity of the local people. Cambodians are one of the friendliest and most welcoming people in South East Asia, making it a growing tourist hotspot. Behind their wide and perpetual smiles however, many Cambodians still live very arduous lives. Volunteer in Cambodia, and put a true smile on the faces of Cambodians. While you’re there, be prepared to be mesmerized by the magnificent cultural and historical sites, especially the famous Angkor Wat, one of the Seven Wonders of the World!
Cambodia Volunteer Programs
Volunteer Program Fees
New Hope Volunteer programs begin each Monday of the month. If needed, we can arrange for your program to start at any day.
- World's Most Affordable fees guaranteed, pay as low as USD$15 per day
- Program fees go directly to the projects and host families
- Save thousands of dollars while volunteering abroad
In recent years, volunteering has become more of a business than charity. Many organizations in the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand run volunteering programs solely for profit. But this is not the case with New Hope Volunteers. Our aim is to offer World's Most Affordable volunteer program (without compromising the quality) so that all volunteers, irrespective of their income level, can volunteer to serve humanity and enrich their life.
In our program, except our registration fee of $269,which we need to advertise, cover office expense and pay salary, volunteers pay their money directly to the host family and project (or country coordinator). This ensures that 100% of your money goes for you.
In addition to our registration fee of $269, here you find the world's most affordable weekly program fee.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
The fee includes: Orientation, Food and accommodations (3 meals a day), Placement visits and services, Project support costs or donation, Certificate of performance/appreciation and 24/7 emergency support.
The weekly Fee Does Not Include: Airfare, daily transportation, visa and visa extension fee, airport drop, airport taxes, any personal expenses on food and travel, mineral water and soft drinks, gifts to project staffs and host family, laundry, telephone, immunization, liability and insurance.
New Hope Volunteers will arrange for the accommodation and meal of volunteers throughout the program. Volunteers will stay either in a hostel or with a host family. In hostel, you’ll share room with other volunteers. Our host families have been carefully screened and chosen with experiences in hosting international volunteers. The host families will provide you with a warm, comfortable and secure place to stay. You’ll have a room for yourself and at least one member of the host family will be able to communicate with you in English.
Living with a host family will also provide you wonderful opportunity to learn about local culture and customs and make local friends. Volunteers will be served 3 local meals a day in both hostel or with a host family. During the volunteer program, our country coordinator will be in touch with you every 10-15 days to make sure you’re comfortable and happy. Volunteers will also have access to coordinator’s mobile phone and can call up anytime.
- What programs do you offer in Cambodia?
- How can I apply?
- Who will meet me at the airport?
- What should I do if I am delayed or miss my flight?
- What happens if I arrive early?
- Where Do I stay during volunteering program?
- What do I eat? Do you accommodate special diet?
- What are Visa regulations in Cambodia?
- How should I take care of my health while in Cambodia?
- What are general health tips for travelling to Cambodia?
- Do you recommend vaccination before travelling to Cambodia?
- What is the exchange rate?
- Where should I change my dollars?
- Can I use my debit card or credit card?
- Should I bring traveler's checks?
- How much money should I bring?
- How does New Hope Volunteers help me when I am in the field? How can I maintain communication?
- How do I communicate with my family back home?
- Will we have internet access?
- What is the climate like in Cambodia?
- What items should I bring?
- What gift should I bring for my project?